Hearing Services Program (HSP) Voucher Scheme
Ensuring that every Australian has access to better hearing is one of the federal government’s key health priorities.
Hearing Services Program provides free hearing tests and hearing aids* to pensioners and veterans, which are available through accredited providers such as Hearing Professionals.
You are eligible if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, 25 years of age and over, meeting one of the following criteria:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Gold Health Repatriation Card
- White Health Repatriation Card (specifying hearing loss)
- Centrelink Sickness Allowance
You may also be eligible if you are:
- Dependent on a person in one of the above categories
- Active member of the Defence Force
- Client of CRS Australia
If you believe that you may be eligible, call Hearing Professionals and we can confirm your eligibility. Furthermore, we can also assist with an online application for a voucher from the Office of Hearing Services. You can find a list of downloadable resources and forms in the left-hand column of this page.
For more information please head to the Hearing Services Program Government website
Most services and hearing aids under the program are free. If your clinical hearing needs require a device outside of these free options, your provider may arrange this with the Office. There may also be situations where you will be asked to pay additional costs:
- “Top-up” devices: Client contributes to the cost in order to obtain more advanced hearing aids
- Hearing aid maintenance program: You can choose to pay a maintenance fee to your hearing services provider each year. This will cover service, repairs and batteries for your hearing device.
- Minor maintenance: This will cover service, repairs and batteries for your hearing device.
- Replacement fees: If you lose your hearing device or it is damaged beyond repair, you need to contact your hearing services provider.
Hearing Professionals consistently receive clients who wish to relocate.
If you have a current maintenance agreement, under the Hearing Services Program you will receive a further 12 months coverage at no additional cost.
Call us today on 1300 768 108 and we will help you make the change. It is very easy to do.