Why healthcare practitioners recommend IAA members for all audiological services
Q: As a healthcare practitioner, you may be wondering where to send your patients in light of these common practices?
A: Members of Independent Audiologists Australia (IAA) are university qualified audiologists who own their own practices offer a viable alternative service delivery for Government and private patients.
IAA Members deliver evidence-based family centred audiological care for your patients according to the IAA code of ethics and professional practice.
Your patients will receive:
· Independent professional impartial advice
· A comprehensive diagnostic audiological assessment after collecting a comprehensive case history including the otological health, hearing requirements and lifestyle of your patient.
· A clear explanation of all audiological results and provision of a written report to the patient and referring doctor in compliance with the Privacy Act.
· Evidence based rehabilitation plans that may or may not include prescribed hearing devices.
· Hearing devices prescribed to meet clinical and family needs based on realistic expectations, auditory and cognitive ability within funding and budgetary restrictions.
· Transparent billing of devices and services.
· Long term care for the impact of hearing and balance disorders for the individual, family and community.
Defined and transparent relationships with the hearing device industry.