Starkey SoundLens – the most discreet solution
Thanks to the ongoing work of circuitry miniaturisation, a new class of invisible hearing aids has arrived that can be described as truly invisible. Much smaller than previous “in the ear” models of hearing aids, “invisible-in-the-canal” (IIC) hearing devices sit beyond the first bend of the ear canal, which has a number of benefits:
They work with the natural way the ear captures sound
Being closer to the eardrum reduces the “echo-like” sound quality of other in-the-ear hearing aid models
Wearers can use headphones and telephones without a problem, and don’t need to be concerned about how they wear their hair or whether they wear eyeglasses
Although there are no switches or buttons to control hearing aid settings, they adapt automatically as listening environments change. It is important to mention that these solutions are not suitable for severe hearing losses and particularly narrow ear canals.
- Four technology (pricing levels)
Features & Benefits
SoundLens come with Starkey’s innovative features, including the industry’s most proven feedback canceller, and a noise reduction and speech preservation system that’s designed to help you hear clearly and easily, even in noisy environments like restaurants.
- Voice iQ,™2 which tackles the issue of hearing speech in noise
- Uses technology that replicates high-frequency speech cues into lower frequencies, where they’re easier to hear
- More enhanced and natural sound quality
- With T2 remote, you can adjust memory or volume using any touch-tone phone
- PureWave Feedback Eliminator3 is still the industry benchmark for performance
- Smartphone apps (Apple & Android*) can control the volume of the hearing aid. iSeries devices only. Android smartphones also require optional ReSound Unite- Phone Clip.
- Automatic Telephone Solutions (ATS) makes having conversations on the telephone much more pleasant for those with invisible hearing aids. This technology automatically detects the user’s telephone use, and adjusts the hearing aid to the optimal settings for telephone listening.
From the experts…
While a number of manufacturers offer IIC hearing aids, Starkey ensures greater quality control by having all IIC hearing aids being made in one central location in the United States. This facility is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment that ensures that your hearing aids are manufactured as small as possible to fit extremely close to your eardrum, increasing invisibly and also reducing any “echo” like sound.
Starkey were the first to develop an invisible-in-the-canal hearing aid, and while the other manufacturers have been playing catch-up, they company has continued to improve the SoundLens hearing device. Therefore, this remains the clear leader in this category.